January 3, 2011

Happy New Year

I can't believe 2010 has come and gone.  I enjoyed looking back at all our pictures from this last year, as our kids have gotten older we have enjoyed many wonderful adventures together!  Looking back at this adoption journey, lets just say its been a rough road filled with unexpected blessings.  We truly believe that sometime this year we will bring our children home.  But what that time-line looks likes we have no idea.  There were more approvals last month, we are praying that this movement continues!

In the mean time I will continue reading more books that have been recommended to us.  Last fall I went through every adoption book ever recommended to us.  Each of the books I went through was recommended by other families who have adopted, our adoption agencies, and Adoptive Families Magazine (which I highly recommend subscribing to).  So for you adoptive families out there, here is the list of my favorites so far:
       1. The Connected Child (by Dr. Karyn Purvis)
       2. When Love is Not Enough (by Nancy L. Thomas)
       3. Adoption Parenting: Creating a Toolbox, Building Connections
There are many other really great books out there, I went through over 30 of them.  But they all started to get very repetitious of each other.

We wish you all a Happy New Year!!!  Praying that each of you finds ways to bless others in this new year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment