![]() |
| (click to enlarge) |
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. James 1:27
April 3, 2012
A Little Sunshine
We have been spoiled with a very warm spring so far. Having weather in the 70s & 80s has made for many fun outdoor adventures. Well, today reality hit and we woke up this morning to see it snowing (which I'm not complaining because we really needed the moisture). What was the 1st thing that came to my mind on this chilly morning, my flowers. Many of my tulips and daffodils bloomed early since the weather was so nice. So, very early this morning I attempted to rescue my beautiful flowers. Well, it was too late for all the daffodils, but I did manage to save some tulips. I'm sure you are wondering where I'm going with this story that seems to be dragging on. Stay with me, I have a point. Due to my heroic effort, I completely changed our plans for the day (I love homeschooling). Instead of our regular routine, we did some baking for math time (the best thing to do on a chilly day) and then arranged our flowers so that we could bless others with them (I counted this as science and Bible). I love random teachable moments. My kids got to help pick who would get these special arrangements.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment