This week we started school. Kristin is officially in Kindergarten (doing 1st grade work). Kade is in pre-k, and Kyler is our busy toddler who wants to do whatever we are doing, so he's in tot-school. I usually would start after Labor Day, but we are going to take off a couple weeks in the fall, so this kinda makes up for that. The kids have also been asking to start for a couple weeks now, so I guess we were just ready. I can very honestly tell you that I loved this week. I was reminded how we all do much better with a routine. There were a few melt downs (as expected), but not the kind you would expect doing school. Kade cried the 1st day, he was upset because he wanted more school work to do. Kristin's meltdowns had to do with her brothers annoying her. All things considered, I think we all had a good week, and I was again reminded why we homeschool. It is such a blessing to be able to teach my own children, and I love it.
 |
(click to enlarge) Fun 1st day pictures |
 |
| This week we played store to help Kristin count money. It was so much fun. One more reason homeschooling is so great. |
No comments:
Post a Comment