August 4, 2013

A Great Loss in My Little World

It's said that you never realize how much you will miss something until it's gone.  I discovered this last night and even this morning as I mourn the loss of my garden.  Each summer we have a garden, and the kids and I enjoy watching it grow, harvesting vegetables, etc.  This garden also provides our family with enough vegetables, spaghetti sauce, salsa, and pickles to last us through the winter.  Yesterday a major storm came through here producing baseball sized hail coming in every direction (unlike anything I've ever seen).  It caused a lot of damage and shredded my garden in minutes.  We also found out after the fact that a tornado also touched down less than 1/2 mile from here (no damage was done).  So today I'm working on finding the blessings in this storm as I mourn the loss of my garden and ache for the farmers who lost their crops.

(end of June)

(mid-July)

(last week)

(last night)

No comments:

Post a Comment