Luke, who has really seemed to adjust the most locked his keys in the truck and dropped his phone in the river all in the same day. These behaviors are not normal for him and had us both wondering if he was doing okay.
The kids, whom I also thought were doing great had an off week to say the least. We started school again after taking a couple weeks off, and it has brought tears to all 4 kids every day. Kristin & Kade's social skills have also been lacking terribly and their interaction with friends this week has not gone well.
As for me, when your husband is forcing you to get away for some alone time over the weekend it's probably a sign that I'm not at the top of my game. I've continued to keep things simple like our Africa life because to be real honest I can't do details. Meals are very basic with little prep. Cleaning has been minimal because really there are more important things in life. Homeschool has also been limited to only the basics, no extras (pretty sure my kids living in a different culture for 2 months counts as plenty of extra for the rest of the school year). I've also been the least social in my entire life because too much interaction is just overwhelming. And I'm sad to admit I've given some terrible glares to people while running errands. It gets really old going places and people telling you "wow, you have your hands full." I even had a guy flat out laughing at me...
We really are doing good, these are just some random moments of culture shock which truly are improving. Although I have to admit, if God told me to jump back on a plane to Africa I wouldn't think twice. =)
For those of you visual people, here are some of the things in our life you'd have seen this week:
| Kristin keeping to herself in her room. She's been needing a lot more alone time than usual. |
| Kade in desperate need of a nap everyday. |
![]() |
| Kyler wearing snow boots in 70 degree weather. I figure if he can get his shoes on by himself he can wear what he wants. |
![]() |
| Kenzi spending quality time in the ergo. She loves mommy holding her and it's occasionally nice to have both hands free. |
| And as always some serious cuteness. I truly have the best job in the world! Can't resist them! |


No comments:
Post a Comment