March 22, 2010

S.O.S.

Okay prayer warriors, I really need your prayers this week!  Please pray for my sanity and for L's background checks to come in.  We are arriving upon week 9 of this wait, and I'm not going to lie, I am now REALLY struggling with this.  This wait was supposed to be very short in relation to the rest of our adoption.  It is going to take everything in me to not contact my case worker everyday this week to see if she has gotten the background checks or to beg her to make some phone calls to find out where it is.  I have also thought of every possible thing that could have happened with his background checks:
       1. the post office lost his fingerprint card 
       2. our agency mailed them to the wrong address
       3. the fingerprint card is lost in a stack of papers at the
          CBI/FBI
       4. the CBI/FBI mailed the clearances to the wrong place
       5. the post office lost the clearances
       6. they are sitting on my case workers desk, but she didn't get
           them because she's been out of the office
       7. they have already come in but my case worker forgot to
          call me (she assured me this wouldn't happen)

As you can see, I've lost it, and this list goes on and on if you were wondering.  My mind is now consumed with possible scenarios, and I have started to lose sleep over this.  Please pray for me to have peace in God's timing and for the papers to come in soon!!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment