After having our baby boy, I said I didn't want to be pregnant again (when I said this, I meant physically). But this paper pregnancy has already proven to be so much harder than each pregnancy and loss I've been through. We have been in this process for only 4 1/2 months, and it has already been quite the emotional ride. Don't get me wrong, we are so blessed to going through this, but it isn't easy, and God definitely continues to teach us so much through this process. Not to mention, we were hoping to get our babies early in 2011, but at the rate things are going in Rwanda right now, it will probably be in the spring of 2011. God's timing is so perfect, and I know this, but a mother's heart longs for her children to be home, where they belong.
An update from my last post: Our case worker called yesterday and said the FBI did L's background checks wrong again (yes, this is the 2nd time). Thankfully our agency is not okay with this and they are doing everything they can to get it corrected this week. I guess we'll just wait and see, it's in God's hands. And I'm a little concerned as to how the FBI can be protecting us if they can't even do a background check correctly.
I totally agree with you, aside from the labor itself, adoption is more taxing- emotionally, mentally, financially. The GOOD news is, when we meet our sweet babies it will be that much more spectacular!
ReplyDelete