One of my favorite movies is "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (both versions)." In this movie everyone wants a golden ticket to get into the factory and some went to great feats to actually get that ticket. I feel like our approval from the USCIS is like that golden ticket, because it tells me I can bring my kids back into this country. And now I sit like Charlie, in awe that I am now actually holding this golden ticket in my hand. I feel like it has taken forever to get to this point. We started this paper chase December 1st, 2009.
Tomorrow, 1st thing I will have a copy of this approval letter certified at the Secretary of State, then add it to the rest of our paperwork (dossier), and overnight it to our agency. Our medicals expire next Tuesday, please pray that this will not be a problem.
In the mean time...YAY...I'm so excited we finally made it to this point. Our dossier is SO close to Rwanda. For those of you wondering, I checked my mail 5 times today, and attempted to watch out the window for the mail man for the last 4 hours (too many trees in the way).
Yeah! So excited for you. How well I remember the feeling of holding that piece of paper in my hand. You're getting so close!
ReplyDelete