Having a miscarriage is hard, no matter who you are and what your situation. Before we had Kristin I had 2 miscarriages, the 1st was harder than the second for me. After one time, I learned not to get my hopes up, but this wasn't the case for my husband, the 2nd was much harder for him.
I've met multiple people who have had failed adoptions for whatever reason, and to me the pain is no different from a miscarriage. I think it's actually the same thing because you dream of this child and start planning your life with this child and then it suddenly ends, your dreams come crashing down on you and you've lost that child that you so desperately longed to hold.
I'm not sure if it's easier for a miscarriage to happen all of a sudden or to be told ahead of time that you might have a miscarriage. Well, the latter is our case right now. I can't really share more details, but all I ask is that you pray.
Pray for all the families adopting from Rwanda, this week was a rough week. Pray that we trust God's plan completely, even though we have no clue what that is right now. Pray for peace, the ups and downs of adoption can be very hard. Pray that there are many more referrals soon, many families have now waited over a year. Also pray for the people working in the ministry and the nuns who run the orphanage. Pray for wisdom, guidance, and efficiency as they have so much on their plates right now. Pray that they do what is in the best interest of the orphans in Rwanda.
To all my dedicated followers, thank you for reading this and taking the time to pray. We truly believe God can move mountains, even in the world of international adoption, and we are trusting that He will!
Lord, I pray that you would give Luke and Becca peace and comfort in this frustrating time. I pray that they would be able to trust you and your plan. I pray for their babies, the ones you have picked out, that they would have adequete care and be loved on. I pray their paperwork would all come together so that they can be with their forever family. I ask Lord for you to MOVE SOME MOUNTAINS and give all the waiting families approvals and referrals. In your name we pray! AMEN
ReplyDeleteGod can make a way where there is no way. Praying with you that He will! International adoption is certainly not for the faint of heart.
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts are with you and your family. I know how hard this is. I went through it once and am so terrified of going through it again. I hope it all works out for us in the end and this will all be worth it.
ReplyDeleteKnow that we are with you and we are praying.
ReplyDeleteAllie
home with Laina for a month
It's interesting you posted this today, as I had the same thought earlier in the day. Although we don't know what exactly is going on, it does feel as though I'm bracing for a potential loss of a baby we have been preparing so long for and have yet to meet. Continuing to pray!
ReplyDelete-Catherine, #142
Ditto. I've been in a constant state of prayer, which has been very comforting.
ReplyDeleteWe are all together in prayer and support of each other. It's so hard to hear "God is in control." But it's true. Nothing is ever a surprise to Him. His plan is perfect...just wish He'd let us in on it :)
ReplyDeleteSarah #126