September 30, 2011

So Many Thoughts

So much has been running through my head this last week I don't even know where to start.  1st, we did get all our referral documents last week. We didn't get them from the ministry like expected, but from our agency instead.  It was all in French, but it was pretty easy to figure out what it said.  Which is impressive considering I only know a couple random phrases in French.

We are planning to travel in 2 weeks.  We still do not have set dates as our agency is confirming a few more things in country.  We have been busy here getting ready to go:  slowly packing what I can, getting together paperwork for travel, making lists for the amazing people in our life who will help out with our kids and stuff at the house, spending quality time with Kristin & Kade before we leave for 3+ weeks, etc.

Yesterday I spent a lot of time getting together another mountain of paperwork needed for traveling and bringing our son home.  Let me tell you this little guy is SO worth it and I would do this for any of my children.  But it made me think about how there are now 132 million orphans in the world, most who will remain orphans the rest of their lives.  You would think that knowing this huge need, international adoption would be much easier.  But instead I feel like we've had to jump through rings of fire to get our son.  And we aren't even finished, there will still be more hurdles once we get there.  I came across an interesting post last night about international adoption, the huge need, and how our government & UNICEF are just making it harder instead of helping these orphans like they think.  You should check it out: article.

No comments:

Post a Comment