Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. James 1:27
November 25, 2011
Thanksgiving
Growing up, Thanksgiving was a time where we got together with our extended families, I have such great holiday memories from these large get togethers. As a teenager we moved away from our wonderful California family and holidays have never been the same since. This year I was brought back to my childhood memories. We had the priviledge of spending Thanksgiving with extended family that came to visit. Some of this family we haven't spent Thankgiving with since I was a teenager. Yesterday was by far the best Thanksgiving ever. I'm so Thankful for all my family, I love them dearly even though we don't live close. I'm even more thankful for the fact that I still have all 4 grandparents whom I love and admire.
I will leave you with some words from the song we sang lastnight that brought tears to many of our eyes. So much to be thankful for, God has blessed us in ways unimaginable!
"Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father, there is no shadow of turning with Thee; Thou changest not, Thy compassion, they fail not; as Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be. Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness! Morning by morning new mercies I see; all I have needed Thy hand hath provided - Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment