It has officially been 1 year since we started this adoption journey. We filled out our 1st application, started filling out mountains of paperwork, and giving away every bit of personal information about us to complete strangers. We hit multiple road blocks as we went through our paper chase including difficulty with FBI background checks and delays with USCIS. When we first started, we thought our children would be home by this Christmas, but God obviously has other plans. In reflecting upon this last year, I wouldn't change a thing. God has taught us so much each step of the way and I'm sure He has many more things to teach us! This journey isn't easy, but God also seems to teach us the most in difficult times.
As for the update, I wish I had some news I could share. We are still awaiting our approval from Rwanda as well as many families ahead of us. Please pray for the families that have been waiting for over 18 months now, this wait is hard and I can only imagine how they are feeling. Also pray that the waiting families respect Rwanda's process they have in place. Pray for the ministry in Rwanda and wisdom with how to process all the dossiers. Most importantly, pray for a miracle, that God moves mountains, and that these children can come home soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment