November 6, 2010

Thankful

Thanksgiving is definitely a holiday that is quickly over-looked.  As Halloween ends, many people quickly move on to thinking about Christmas and forget about Thanksgiving.  This is extremely true for retail stores.  And I won't lie, I too was planning to look over Thanksgiving and had every intention of putting up our Christmas decorations this weekend.  But I came across this Thanksgiving craft in a magazine last night where you make a tree and put leaves on it, each saying what you are thankful for (see picture below).  We seem to overlook what we are thankful for in our everyday lives and seem to do this as Thanksgiving comes around as well.  So I thought this would be a good family project to help us really focus on what we can thank God for this Thanksgiving Season.




This tree contains what our daughter is thankful for, our son didn't quite get the concept and was more interested in playing with the ball of yarn. =)  I know my last post may have been a little depressing, so I'd also like to add here what I am thankful for and share how amazing this adoption journey has been:

- I am thankful for our beautiful babies who wait for us in Rwanda

- I am thankful that our dossier made it to Rwanda before they stopped accepting new ones in August

- I am thankful for our wonderful caseworker who did our homestudy

- I am thankful for our POA who loves the children in Rwanda dearly

- I am thankful for our agency who has a passion for orphan care

- I am thankful for the amazing support we have from family and friends as we continue this journey

- I am thankful for all the wonderful adoptive families we have built relationships with

- I am thankful for all that God has provided to make this journey possible

- I am thankful to be a part of a church who not only supports but strongly encourages orphan care

- I am thankful for the nuns who work so hard to care for our children at the orphanage

- I am thankful for all the volunteers who love on our babies at the orphanage

1 comment:

  1. We too are extremely thankful to have the cut off- and to have contact with other families, like yours, who are journeying to Rwanda with us!

    ReplyDelete