February 5, 2011

Hero

One of my favorite songs right now is called Hero by Abandon (you should check it out).  It's such a great reminder that we aren't alone, we do have a Hero who died to save us.  I've found myself listening to this song a lot lately, I need a hero right now, this waiting has been tough.  I was doing so good for a while, but the silence over the last couple weeks has really gotten to me.  Adoption is a hard & rough journey, don't ever let anyone tell you differently.  Birthing a child is much easier.  Yes it can be physically draining on you and your hormones are out of control.  But the roller coaster that goes along with international adoption is the hardest thing I have ever done.  In this time we have really had to learn patience and trust God's timing.  For over a year now we have been preparing for 2 more babies and for our trip to Rwanda.  And to be honest, I'm tired of preparing, I'm tired of waiting...  But obviously God still wants us to wait and trust.  I recently read something that talked about how important waiting is because during that time we can grow so much or choose to become bitter.  Take Abraham for example, he waited multiple decades for his promised child and during that time it seems that his faith grew.  It's definitely not in my nature to wait, never has been, I've always been a rather impatient person.  I've also found that this waiting seems even harder the closer they get to our dossier number.  Sorry for the randomness and unorganization of this blog, I'm really struggling to gather my thoughts.  So...I guess I'll go back to waiting...thankfully we aren't doing this alone, we have a hero by our side: "there he goes, a hero, the savior over the world...."

No comments:

Post a Comment