May 12, 2011

Joy & Sorrow

This week has been full of joy for me personally as I've watched many families travel to Rwanda to bring home their children, some friends left for Ethiopia this week, another friend received a visa for their daughter in Haiti, and many more families got referrals from Rwanda.  I feel like the last 2 weeks has been filled with great adoption news and I am celebrating with each of these families.

So, knowing that things continue to keep moving in Rwanda, I have been checking my email with great excitement each morning.  Of course I haven't heard anything yet, but I have great hope that we will soon enough.  The next travel group from our agency will go to Rwanda around mid-June.  We might be in this travel group, or maybe not.  It's so hard to know since we are requesting children under the age of 2.

Anyways, I went to check my email this morning looking forward to seeing more exciting adoption movement, but instead I sobbed as I read one particular email.  A family we know unexpectedly lost their 18 month old son yesterday.  What a joy to know their sweet boy is now with Jesus, but what sorrow at the same time.  I can't even imagine how they are feeling right now.  Please pray for this family, my heart is so heavy for them right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment