Last week we had a nasty thunderstorm roll in here later in the evening. We tried to look at all the news stations to see what was going on, it was 9pm, so news was on multiple channels. None of them said anything about a thunderstorm. Well, it got a lot worse and sounded like a freight train was coming so we got our kids out of bed and headed for the basement. We found out later that many of our neighbors did the same. Well the next morning multiple trees were broken in half and a trampoline was in the power lines. But did the news say anything about it...of course not. A couple days later they announced that there may have been a micro-burst, but they still have their doubts.
Yesterday morning this is what I woke up to:
I know this hail doesn't look like much, but it came down so hard it woke me up and made me worry about my garden. Again I turned on the news and got NOTHING. 30 minutes later, after the storm had past us they said their was a thunderstorm moving through and a chance of rain.
Forget our local news stations, I'll just check the national weather service online since they seem to care more about our safety. =)
I completely agree! I always go to the weather channel!
ReplyDelete