August 17, 2011

Money Saving Tip

I find it one of my personal goals in life to find ways to save money.  Mostly because I get visions in my head of all these starving, sick people around the world and so I figure I need to be a good steward of what God has given us so someday I can use the extra money saved for those in need.

So here's my tip of the day.  Stop buying wrapping paper.  For gifts at our house we like to personal our own wrapping paper by using free paper bags from the grocery store.  Here is the gift my kids decorated for their cousins birthday this week.


And to be honest, my 3 year old nephew was WAY more excited about the pretty package on the outside than what was on the inside.  He admired it for quite a while.

If you aren't into personalizing things, you could also use the comic pages from your newspaper.

1 comment: