Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. James 1:27
March 7, 2012
Kony 2012
It surprises me sometimes at how little people know about what is going on in the world around them. I guess I struggle to understand this because things like the millions of orphans in our world, extreme poverty all over the globe, young girls being sex trafficked every day, children being forced to be soldiers and slaves, etc. are constantly on my mind and burning aching holes in my heart. The LRA (Lord's Resistance Army) has existed in Uganda for over 20 years and has been a serious problem. Kony 2012 was launched to make people aware of this huge problem and to try to get our government to do something about it. Although I can honestly admit I know nothing about this organization and their validity (in other words do your own research on what they are all about), I do feel it's important for people to know what is going on in the world. So, if you are one of those people who seem to know nothing about the LRA, watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc or do a little research. So many children are hurting and living in fear and it's WRONG!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment