May 10, 2011

"No, Mom"

Over the last few months Kade continues to become more independent in life.  He can make his own bed, put on his own shoes, clean up some of his messes, etc.  Not that I have a problem with this, it does make my life a little easier, but it's just a sad reminder that he's not my baby anymore.  This is how I still picture Kade in the back of my head:
I still see him as this small, fragile little guy who needs my constant help and attention.  Obviously this is not the case anymore and I need to move on.
He has recently reminded me that he's no longer my baby by calling me "mom" instead of "mommy."  For some reason it just breaks my heart when he does this.  When I asked him to call me mommy, he says "no, mom."  I guess I can no longer call him my baby. =)

1 comment: