May 25, 2011

Still Waiting

I'd like to say that the longer we have waited, the better I have gotten at it.  But this would be a lie, I actually think I'm even worse at it now.  Knowing that we could get our referral any day is tough, I feel like this week I have been on edge constantly.

Here's my analogy that I meant to post last week but didn't get a chance to, the crazy thing is that our pastor used a similar analogy in his sermon this weekend (God's timing is always perfect):

I feel like we are sailing on a ship (crab fishing size for those of you who need details).  We departed the east coast on December 1st, 2009.  We have continued to sail across the great blue ocean, headed for Africa, but it seems like there is no end in sight.  Some days the ocean is calm and other days it seems like we might be engulfed by the waves.  Luke would tell you it's always calm, but as for me, choppy faithless days come and go.  The beauty of this journey is that God is the captain of our boat.  I continually need him to calm the storm and reassure me that we will get there safely.  I also need Him to reassure me that we will get there since I still see no end in sight.  I know soon we will see Africa, and it may take everything in me to not just out of that boat and swim to the shore. =)  So blessed to have such a great captain who continues to lead us and teach us so much along the way.

2 comments:

  1. I am ready to jump and swim with you. If they could tell us you will go at this time it would be so much easier. The not knowing is so hard. People keep asking when we will be going to pick up our little one. All I can say is we could hear something tomorrow or a year from now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great analogy - love it! Praying it's SOON for both of us!

    ReplyDelete