October 24, 2011

1st Time For Everything

This morning we had some free time so I did some laundry.  I was going to wait until later this week, but Kyler was sick last night so the need arose.  Laundry here (at our hotel) is a little over $1 per item, making a load over $50.  So, for the first time I scrubbed our dirty laundry in the bath tub.  This may sound strange, but my OCD side found this rather theraputic (I do still miss my washing machine).  I hung some of our clothes to dry on our balcony.  Well, while we were napping, the maid pounded on the door, then tried to explain non-verbally (she doesn't know much english) that we can't have our clothes out there.  I wouldn't have been very annoyed, but this was the 1st time Kyler was actually taking a really good nap (this woke him up and he was not happy) and other families were able to hang their clothes on their back decks.  We have a front deck facing the court yard (I get that this is an eye sore, but maybe then their laundry service shouldn't be so expensive).  Our solution was using twine and still using our deck but tying it lower so you can't see it from the court yard.  I guess we will see if we get in trouble tomorrow. =)

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! He is absolutely adorable! We are so thrilled for you guys. So so happy for your family.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Ahh this takes me back. When we adopted Asella we were in Kaz. for 2 months without a washing machine. I did all our laundry in the tub and had to hang it around the apartment. We didn't have a balcony and it was the middle of winter anyways. Makes you appreciate the little things.

    ReplyDelete