It's amazing to me how you can feel so many different emotions all at the same time. Here's the chaos of emotions I'm experiencing right now:
Joy & Excitement: In exactly 2 weeks we will be in Rwanda and meet our new son. I can't wait to hold him and love on him.
Overwhelmed: Tomorrow I have a lot that needs to be done so this is stressing me out at the moment. We need to get our plane tickets finalized. We need to get paperwork at Luke's work started, it's necessary since he's taking such a long leave. I also need to do paperwork with my insurance agent to take care of the car accident we had this weekend (don't worry, no one was hurt).
Guilt: Whenever I leave my children with anyone I feel guilty because they are my responsibility. So leaving them for a month, I'm sure you can imagine the guilt I feel.
Aching & Sadness: Currently East Africa is experiencing a serious drought causing many to starve & die, especially young children. It is not coincidence that we will be in Kenya during this time. Our church partners with a girl's rescue center that we were hoping to visit, but I think this will be much more than a visit. I ache for these people and pray that God makes it clear how we can be a ministry to them while there.
2 WEEKS!!!!!!!! YEA!!!! FINALLY!! Love you guys and are praying for all the details to come smoothly together!!!
ReplyDelete