So, for those of you dying to know how our laundry turned out, it was a complete success. The maid came up and saw our close lines 1st thing this morning and said they were okay. YAY! Who knew that something so simple would be so exciting. The best part is that today was warm all day, not a single rain shower (each day it usually has rained once), so the clothes were all dry by the end of today.
Today we stepped onto U.S. soil here in Rwanda. We went to the U.S. Embassy to start processing paperwork and I got a lesson on how this was actually U.S. soil. It did make me laugh because this is the only building we have been in here that acutally had air conditioning and automatic flushing toilets. Oh the luxuries of the U.S. =) Also a waste of money, shipping in those toilets cost thousands and the weather is not hot enough right now to be running the a/c.
We also bought some beautiful artwork today by a Rwandan artist named Bosco. So excited about this new picture for my living room, it's amazing. There was lots of great artwork there by multiple artists.
Well, it's getting late here. I would have typed this sooner but I was trying to figure why my email wasn't working. Thanks for the nice comments on the blog, we have been receiving them, I just can't publish them on the blog yet because blogger comes up in French (instead of English) when I go online.
No comments:
Post a Comment