We finally met our son today and he's perfect in every way. Of course he was not too excited about the visit, which I honestly can say I expected. He was very overwhelmed, not just by us but by all the other families around. Way too much stimuation for the poor little guy. Luke figured out that if we hung out in the corner where it was more quiet and away from most of the families he was okay. It also doesn't help that he's cutting teeth and is super congested. Praying that as we continue to visit him the next couple days he will warm up more. When he wasn't crying he was super serious, and I must say he has a pouty lip just like his brother. I just love those pouty lips, they are so cute and make great pictures. =)
We will start the process of adopting him tomorrow. Pray that everything goes smoothly with all the paperwork. Also pray for our health, we are good now, but I think the emotions and jet lag have caught up with us today and we are completely exhausted.
Below are some pictures, hopefully they upload. One is of the walls at the orphanage. 3 are of the grounds at our hotel, it's absolutely beautiful here. I feel like I'm in a tropical oasis. The other two are random pictures of Kigali. It is just beautiful here. It's amazing how you see poverty and wealth all meshed in the same place.
I'm soo happy for you! This makes me want to cry bc it's soo exciting to be able to support you guys through all this!
ReplyDeleteIt really is beautiful there. I always picture desert like a safari when I think of any country in Africa. Looking at the pictures from your hotel it's amazing there is soo much color there!
Miss you!!! Cant wait to hear more!
OH - so happy you finally met him. I can't imagine the emotions - praying for good rest!
ReplyDeleteSo so excited for you guys! Thanks for the wonderful pictures, brings back the best memories! We are praying for you daily and can't wait to see pictures of Kyler. Have a wonderful day tomorrow, we'll be praying your Act of Adoption is gets done and you enjoy your time with your son.
ReplyDelete-Sheri Lichty
AWAA Family