I've received tons of questions since my last post about our adoption update earlier this week (click here to see it), so I thought I'd say a little more to clarify. Or as much as I can possibly say since this blog is public. First, I highly recommend you talk to your agency to truly clarify what's going on, and if you're independent talk with your POA. Our agency has done an amazing job communicating with us about what they know.
It was confirmed from our agency (who's in constant contact with our POA who's in constant contact with the ministry) that there are few healthy kids available at the orphanage under the age of 3 because there have been so many referrals all at once. We were given the option to change our request to older children, but didn't feel this was right for our family since our current children are 3 and 4, and not to mention we'd have to completely change our homestudy and USCIS 171-H.
I also truly believe that once all these currently referred children are brought home, those empty beds will be filled pretty quickly. It's not like there's a shortage of orphans in Rwanda. Please keep in mind that this is completely my own assumption.
I know this doesn't answer all your questions, but this is all I really know. I trust the Nuns at the orphanage and the Ministry in their judgement for our family and what's best for the children at the Home of Hope. I have no clue how long we will wait for our referral, I tried to ask our agency this question but they also have no clue. We could still get a referral in the next few months, or it could be even longer. Wish I knew, but in the mean time I'll continue to prepare for our travel there, and continue celebrating with the families hearing good news from the ministry, and enjoy watching those traveling to bring their children home.
No comments:
Post a Comment