April 12, 2011

Lazy Day

Yesterday we just spent the day hanging out on the beach and swimming at the pools (our hotel has 2 pools, 2 splash parks, & a lazy river).



The kids loved the beach the most, nothing beats hours of playing in the sand and being chased by waves.  Don't let the clouds in these pictures fool you, even though it was a bit overcast the weather was about 80 and we still got sunburned.
daddy made him a mini-pool to sit in

sand makes a great place for drawling =)


I spent what felt like a couple hours trying to build this massive sand castle (you are never too old to play in the sand).  I'm pretty sure professional sand sculptors would have laughed at my master piece, but I worked very hard on this.  About an hour after it was complete the tide came up and washed it away in minutes. =(


This place is loaded with beach shops, they all sell the same kind of thing with a different twist.  Did I mention these are my favorite places to shop!  So, we stopped by another shop last night, just to see if they had anything else I liked. =)  We let the kids pick out some sunglasses.  Kristin of course tried to find the most girly ones possible and Kade chose the brightest.  He looks like he's a kid right out of the 90s, I can believe some of this stuff is back in style. =)


The 2 pictures below are the view we have from the balcony in our room.




1 comment:

  1. oh man! yea you def need to give me the info for this place! This looks like sooo much fun!

    ReplyDelete