April 12, 2011

SHARK ATTACK

Okay, so there wasn't a shark attack, but our day was definitely themed around sharks today.  1st, we woke up to a beautiful sunny day, so of course we had to take advantage of the sun and go for a swim.

As the clouds started to roll in (more thunderstorms) we thought we'd check out the indoor lazy river.  Luke could have spent hours in here, but the kids and I got a little bored after a while.

After that we took a trip to the aquarium (since it was a bit rainy), it was awesome.  The 2 largest attractions were the sting rays and sharks.  Everyone else obviously had the same idea as us because the place was packed.  It was tons of fun though and cool to see lots of aquatic life up close.  I could have watched the sting rays for hours, they are very graceful creatures.


We thought we'd continue with our aquatic theme and see a movie about sharks playing at the IMAX.  This was fun since the movie was 3D.  It was entertaining watching all the kids in the theater trying to reach out and touch the fish.
You'd think they'd make the 3D glasses a little more fashionable. =)  This is what I learned about sharks today: people have negative and fearful views of them, but really they play an important part in our oceans life cycle, if people don't change their ways they soon will be endangered.


We enjoyed a WAY yummy dinner at Joe's Crab Shack.  It was some good cajun boil.  This was of course followed by some more random shopping.  Good thing I don't shop like this at home, or we'd be broke!

Just a bit of randomness I thought you might enjoy. =)  Not something you see everyday, it's a museum in case you were wondering.

1 comment:

  1. So the upside down building is a museum? what kind of museum?

    The more I see your pictures the more sad I am that I couldn't fit in your suitcase! hehe

    Glad you guys are having fun!

    ReplyDelete