April 27, 2011

Homestudy Update...Or Not

Last week I was under the impression that we needed to update our homestudy, or at least this is what our international agency told me.  They said since it's over a year old it's expired and we need to update it because we can't travel with an expired homestudy.

Well, our homestudy agency had a completely different take.  Our case worker was VERY adamant about the fact that our homestudy was still valid since nothing has changed in our lives.  She felt it would be better to update it as our USCIS stuff got closer to expiring (which is this summer).

Needless to say, these 2 differing views left me completely confused last week!  After many confusing conversations last week, both our case worker and family coordinator agreed that our homestudy is still currently valid since it does not actually have an expiration date.  Come to find our international agency likes to err on the cautious side, which is good.  I guess the point is, if we are to get our referral soon, we will be able to travel with our current homestudy.

1 comment:

  1. I also thought it had to be current within a year. I would call USCIS because they are the ones that it is for basically. That'd be awesome if it were okay to travel as is.

    ReplyDelete