Once a year, in the spring, when strawberries are on sale, we make lots of freezer jam. Usually enough to last us through the whole year. That is what we did this weekend, although we made a bit more than normal to give some to my sister. Some of our best childhood memories are eating this same yummy strawberry jam at my grandma's house. I can just taste it right now, it made rolls and sandwiches taste 10 times better. Me and my cousins lived for this jam and have very fond memories of it. So, I carry on the yummy tradition for my children, and of course for me as well, so I can re-live those great childhood memories of grandma's strawberry jam.
would love the recipe! can you post?
ReplyDeleteYum...looks good!
ReplyDeleteWe can and freeze fruit and produce, too....always brings back good memories of the West Virginia mountains (where I first learned).
If you can share your grandma's recipe, I'd love it. Grandmothers' recipes are always the best!
You def need to show me how to do this!
ReplyDelete