The birth mothers on my new babies are on my heart often. I always wonder how they, where they are, what situation they are in, etc. As this adoption has progressed and many people in our lives have been pregnant, we have done a lot of explaining to our children in regards to adoption, birth mothers, and babies in tummies. Keep in mind our children are only 3 and 4, so its been a pretty basic, age appropriate discussion. Not too long ago I received a rather odd question from my 4 year old daughter. Her exact question: "Mommy, where's my birth mother?" A little baffled, I smiled and explained that I was her birth mother and she grew in my tummy. Her very plain as day response, "no you aren't." Then I replied, "yes honey, I am your birth mother." Again she had the same reply and this went back and forth multiple times. This girl just cracks me up with some of the things she says.
On the way home today she was singing "Jesus Love the Little Children" in the car. Her change in words had me laughing for a good 5 minutes (see her version below) and made me think that if there are green aliens out there, this song now encompasses them as well.
Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world, black & yellow.....(long pause)......green & white, they are precious in His sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.
Your girl makes me laugh too!! I love this little story! When we had a similar conversation with our kids when I was pregnant, Weseley had all sorts of stories about the parties he had in my tummy WITH his sister. LOL, such silly little ones!
ReplyDelete