Let me first just start with how absolutely amazing God is. We have seen in work in amazing ways and answer so many prayer requests. No request is too small for God. For example, we have had many different problems with technology, many that have brought me to tears. The main one is that we have had trouble Skyping with our children at home. Well today God answered this prayer and it was a huge blessing just to see their sweet faces. It definitely gave me a huge and much needed peace. I've also had trouble uploading pictures on our computer, but as you can see below, God answered this prayer today as well. Just so in awe of his goodness right now. There are many more things God has done, but to keep this post from getting too long and so I can go to bed soon I'll save these for another day.
We did go to court today and it went very well. Unfortunately we did not get our ruling yet, but that's okay, but it rarely happens the same day. For all you future Rwanda adoption families out there, please keep in mind that every person's experience here is very different. We are at the mercy of all the officials here and need to follow the rules and do as they say. We would never want to give adoption here a bad name, especially for the sake of all the waiting children and future adoptive families. On a very random note, while waiting outside for court this morning, we saw the most gigantic bats I've ever seen. They were huge, it was so cool to see them.
We got to visit Kyler today twice. We are so in love with this little guy and that just grows more and more each day. He is definitely familiar with us now and was even comfortable enough to fall asleep in our arms. Each day we have learned many new things about him from the nuns and from just spending time with him. The personal information we learn from the nuns we will not share publically. This is his story and we want him to tell it to others when he is ready. (Just in case you were wondering).
Most of the pictures below are of flowers that Luke has captured. The vegetation is just beautiful here. The random picture of the elephant is at the market called Nakumat, this is the Africa version of Walmart. This story has everything you need, if you can't find it there you won't find it at all. The picture of the van is the bus we have been traveling together in, you see these everywhere on the streets. This is what their buses look like here, and boy can they pack people in them. Tomorrow we will get a bigger car since our second POA has arrived. The enjoy plate was someone's dessert today at Bourbon Coffee. We all really like this place and have now eaten there 3 times. By the way, I'm not typically a plain coffee drinker, but I love the African Coffee here, it's so yummy.
Kathy and I have anxiously been awaiting a post and were just talking about that when I clicked on your blog and saw this!! HURRAY!!! So happy you got to see your kids on skype and I love the elephant picture!! Our prayers and lots of love continue to be sent your way!! :)
ReplyDeleteAwww I am soo happy for you it makes me cry!!! Love seeing the pictures so keep them coming. The dessert looks super yummy!
ReplyDeleteI am gonna call your mom next week and see if we can find a time that works to get together.
Miss you!
Make sure to take a moment near the court to visit the German Bakery. They have a wonderful concoction much like an eggroll with sausage or lentils called samosas. I recommend them highly. Your POA highly recommended them to us during our visit. We did not see bats when we were there, but there was a large flock of pelicans in the trees right behind the court as well.
ReplyDeleteWe will be praying for you in your travels.
The Lichtys - AWAA