I'm definitely laughing at myself today as I hit the last time-line I made in regards to our adoption. When things finally started moving again last December and into January, I totally thought we'd have our approval by the end of March. And the really dumb thing is that I actually told people this. =) You'd think I'd have learned by now that there are absolutely NO time-lines in this process and I should never assume anything. So, no more time-lines for me. Those of you dying to know when this adoption will happen, all I can say is that you will have to work this out with God. So, below you will find my new non-time-line.
When will we get our approval? Not a clue.
When will we receive our referral? Sometime after we are approved.
When will we bring our babies home? Sometime after we receive our referral.
Hope this new time-line helps you. =) In the mean time, a very wise women in my life reminded me today that I should really enjoy the 2 beautiful children I already have. They are only this age once.
I can totally relate. I have made up so many time lines in my head as a way to cope and then am deeply disappointed when things don't work out. I am careful with my words. when people ask I say things like we are hoping to be home with our child by the end of the year. Or, if all goes as planned..... Of course those not in the world of adoption hear this as we will be home by the end of the year and don't understand when things don't go as planned. We have one adopted child I should no better and yet I keep making the same mistakes. I am so hoping you get some good news soon!
ReplyDelete