The reality of this has just hit me and I'm feeling extremely overwhelmed. The fact that we are going to be gone for 1 month is not what bothers me. I'm totally excited to spend time in our son's birth country as well as Kenya. This is an experience of a lifetime and I'm so excited to see where God leads us next. This will also be a great time for Luke and I to just get to know our son before we add his busy siblings to the mix. The down side is that we will be leaving Kristin & Kade for 1 month. They are super excited to be staying at Grandpa & Grandma's for this long, it's like a dream come true for them. I'm confident that they will be totally fine. They are in great hands and I trust my parents to care for them more than anyone else in the world. The problem is me (I have tears as I write this). We have never left them for more than 4/5 days, so this is a long time.
I find myself being reminded by God that these beautiful children (all 3 of them) are our gift from God. So really I need to trust Him and leave them in His hands. Which is hard to do when you spend 24/7 with your kids. Please pray that I have peace about this soon!!!
Yeah. Tough stuff. Feeling the same way. Buying the tickets made it all very real.
ReplyDelete