So, this last week it's become much more apparent to me that even those who are very supportive of our adoption and excited for us think we're a bit insane. All my hubby and I seem to talk about is adoption, I check my email obsessively, I stalk blogs, we have emotional highs and lows based on movement, etc. (I think you get the point). Even though these people are very dear to me, they just don't get it. Needless to say, I have also been blessed with an amazing support group of adoptive families who do get it and thankfully do not think I'm insane. Now is when I need this support system because I feel like my normal one is crashing down on me. So, to all you wonderful adoptive families out there, you are such a blessing and thank you for helping me to not feel completely crazy through this whole process. This journey is tough, but each of you have made it much easier and truly are blessings to me!!!
On another note, there has been more movement in Rwanda this week, which is exciting, but it's hard not to get your hopes up knowing this. There are also 5 or 6 families traveling today to meet their children which is SO exciting. Please pray for these families, for safe travel, and for paperwork to be completed smoothly in Rwanda & Ethiopia.
Becca,
ReplyDeletethanks for those sweet words. We are here for you!! I know how you feel, so excited but no one around you is excited like you. It reminds me of when I come home from a great misssion trip. You see God do all this amzaing stuff and you try and tell everyone about it, but they just don't get it. We are so excited for you, especially with #32 getting a referal and no aprovel!!! Stay storong!!
totally get this post, friend! right with you!
ReplyDeleteWe're all in this together!!! Praying for those 6 families leaving on a jet plane today!!
ReplyDeleteI feel your pain! We started our paperwork for China in 2005 and at that point it was a 7 month wait. . .we are still waiting! :) The good thing is that I now have two from Rwanda who were totally unexpected and two totally different sets of waiting and wondering circumstances. NUTS! You'll continue to feel like your "old world" is crumbling into your new world and people will think you're crazy and wonderful and unique and whatever! Welcome to the wonderful world of adoption! I hope we can meet someday. Your family is beautiful and I cannot wait to meet your new addition!
ReplyDelete