March 26, 2011

What's In A Number?

I don't think I've ever actually shared our dossier number on here for various reasons.  But, for those of you in the adoption world dying to know, we are #42.  When I think of a number like this, it makes me think of the many waits I have had at the DMV.  When you get there, you take a number, when your number comes up (they go in order I might add), then it's your turn.  Well, needless to say, we've learned this is not how dossier numbers work in regards to our adoption.  Typically when people ahead of you hear something, you will be next.  Well, lets just say there are families higher than us who have received approvals/referrals and there are families below us who are still waiting.  So, what does our dossier number mean exactly?  It means that the ministry actually has our dossier, and its been registered in their system.  It also means that our dossier number is more like an ID number.  Instead of being known as the "M" family, we are known as family #42. Or at least this is what I tell myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment