My children constantly live in a world of make believe, they also love wearing costumes. Every day they pretend to be someone or something. Lately they've been pretending to be knights and dragons. It's fun to sneak up on them and listen to what they are saying.
I've realized that I too have been living in a world of make believe when it comes to our adoption. Some may call it denial, but I prefer "make believe." We are now in our 16th month of this journey and I feel like I know so much yet nothing all at the same time. In my "make believe" world, all the families below us already have been approved and their referral's are being processed, even if they haven't officially received their approvals. And even though people above us have received approvals, my "make believe" world has convinced me that any day now there will be mass approvals, including ours.
You may also notice that the title and look of this blog has changed a bit. It's no longer "Our Journey to Africa," but "Our Life Journey." This change is also because I believe we will bring our babies home soon, thus starting the next chapter of our lives and continuing whatever journey God leads us on.
So, as you can see, I'm not in denial, I'm just living in a magical world my mind has created that I don't plan to leave any day soon. Pretty sure if I leave this world of make believe, I'll have a complete breakdown.
You are not alone. It is nice to see someone else living in the land of make believe. It is a nice place to live until reality becomes a little easier to handle. :)
ReplyDelete