Last fall I got involved in something that is 100% for my children but has completely consumed my life for the last month. A neighbor and I set out to get a stack of proxies signed for our HOA meeting, our goal: getting a park in our neighborhood. Well, we won the vote by a landslide thanks to our large stack of proxies. But the madness didn't stop there, after this we both really wanted to be on the HOA's park committee as well (to ensure that it got done soon I guess). It sounded like fun picking out playground equipment, but I obviously wasn't logically thinking about all the work that goes into this. So, we were chosen by the board to be on this park committee and all I can say is, "WHAT WERE WE THINKING!?!?!?" I found myself being the chair of the committee, which my OCD does well at handling. But let me tell you, this last month has been crazy!!! Needless to say, after all this work, I've told my husband we will never move until our children are too big to enjoy this park. And as my neighbor says, our kids better be out there playing every day, even if a tornado is headed this way. =)
After many meetings of feeling like we were getting no where, we came up with 2 bids that I presented to the board last week. The board made a decision and I'm so relieved that we are actually moving forward. Hoping the equipment is ordered this week. Stay tuned to see a picture of our new park in the next couple months.
Funny side note: after every meeting my see 3 year old son always asks me, "mommy did you buy me a park yet?" So glad my children understand that my busyness is for their benefit.
Thank you SO much for doing all this work! Thanks to you guys the rest of us get to reap the benefits. Can NOT WAIT!
ReplyDelete